The Humanities Theatre Group & Student Matinee Performances
Original, award-winning productions that bring the Humanities to life!
The Humanities Theatre Group (HTG) provides an exciting, alternative approach to regular classroom teaching. Using theatre as a powerful tool, the Humanities Theatre Group has performed for more than 100,000 primary, secondary, and higher education student groups from all over the country.
Indy in Revue makes lessons in the
city's past keep time to the beat of today's
"History was never this much fun!"
Join us for "The Greeks: In The Beginning" at Herron High School this October!
Friday & Saturday, Oct. 27 & 28 @ 7pm, Sunday, Oct. 29 at 2:30pm
Theatre productions include:
- Indy in Revue: The Story of Indianapolis is performed every spring for Indiana fourth-grade classes to reinforce Indiana history.
- The Greeks: In the Beginning
- Shakespeare Superstar, a one hour collection of some of the most famous works of William Shakespeare
- The American Broadway Musical, a one hour sampling of the history of the Broadway musical
- The Renaissance Era: Europe Awakens
- The Modern Era: The Age of Technology
- Painting the Universe: How the Humanities Shape Our World
- French Cabaret Masters
- Cigar City Chronicles: The Story of Tampa is performed for elementary, middle, and high school students in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Flip through our photo album to see photos of our past productions!