Youth & The Arts
Providing Underserved Students Opportunities
For more than 30 years, Youth and the Arts (YATA) has provided underserved students with opportunities to learn, practice and sharpen their theatre arts skills. Under the guidance of qualified artistic and academic professionals, students can explore their creativity in a safe, honest and non-judgemental environment.
“Inspiring and transforming lives” is at the core CMP’s mission, and education is at the core of all its programming. CMP staff works year-long with students of all ages in developing skills that come to bear in production and continue on into their daily lives.
YATA programs are based on the principle that the arts are an essential component in preparing young people intellectually, physically, emotionally and ethically for our complex and ever-changing world.
YATA has been recognized for its innovative apprenticeship and internship programs throughout the United States. Some of the organization’s work includes partnerships with:
- American Cabaret Theatre, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Downtown Cabaret Theatre, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- GPI Summer National Theatre, Glacier National Park, Montana
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tampa Bay, Florida
- The Alternative Academy for the Arts (in conjunction with Indianapolis Public Schools)
- Indianapolis Classical Schools
- Indianapolis Public Schools
- Indiana University
- Ball State
- University of Indianapolis
- Marian University